Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Basic Training Packing List &+ Extras.

Hey y'all! We are just 5 short days away until my husband, Barry, leaves for Air Force basic training. I wish I could pin point all of the feelings that I am having about this but, I just can't. He is so ready to leave and "get it over with" (in his words). I am going to miss him SO so much. But anyways, I've been trying to make this a fun experience for both of us, and I don't ever want to forget this experience so I want to document it all! Today I helped him pack his bag that he gets to bring with him to San Antonio. If you guys are about to leave for basic, or know someone that is, I took a picture of some of the things Barry is taking. We referred to a paper his recruiter gave to him. 


He is bringing: a duffel bag, shower flip flops, running shoes, 3 plain t-shirts, 3 pairs of boxers, 5 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of jeans, paper, notebook, black pen, watch, toothbrush, razor, {travel size: deodorant, body wash, shampoo, lint roller, toothpaste}, brush, glasses, stamps, and his bible. 


I wanted to do something personal to his bible; something he could look at and have a quick reference to some verses. This is a good idea for basic training, deployments, or another time someone you may know that would need this kind of encouragement. He LOVED it. Since we will not be able to talk that much, I'm hoping this will bring comfort to him on the days that are just a little rougher than the other ones. 



Lastly, I wrote Barry a personal letter that I want him to read the night before he leaves. I thought it would be special for him to read a letter at the hotel. I plan to take him to dinner on Monday night, drop him off at the hotel, and give him this letter when he is about to go into the hotel. 

I usually don't do this but, I am asking for everyone to keep us and especially him in your prayers during this time. I praise God that I have a husband that is willing to serve his country, and make a better life for me and our future family. 


If any of you have a loved one in the military, I would love to talk. 


{"For I know the plans I have for you", declares The Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."} Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. Desiree,

    Are they allowed to bring letters with them?
    - my boyfriend leaves in March and I wanted to send him with one or two as well.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa,
      I put a letter in my husbands bible for him to read at the hotel the night before he left. I'm not sure if they are allowed to bring them. I'm sure one would be fine. As soon as I got my husbands address (the next night), I had 3 letters ready to send out to him. I write to him every single day. I hope this helps! Let me know!

      Delete