Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Measuring More or Less?

Sorry, it's been so long since I've posted! It's just a very busy season in my life, and I am loving every minute of it. Since I have last blogged, I have got MARRIED to my amazing husband, Barry Antonio Moore, Jr. Also, I have finished 3 of my classes for the semester.


But anyways!,

I don't know about you guys, but I love me a good podcast. Two podcast's I LOVE listening to are Joseph Prince and Elevation Church (Steven Furtick). They are just full of God's wisdom, grace, and love. Last week, on the way to get my Dunkin Iced Latte (I'm addicted), I listened to the latest podcast from Elevation Church called Measuring More. God revealed SO much to me, I had to listen to it twice. Most of the message was based off of Ephesians 3. Also, most of what I state in this blog will be from the message.



"That according to the riches of His glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power through His spirit in your inner being" (Ephesians 3:16 ESV)

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever, Amen." (Ephesians 3:20 ESV)

These verses are just screaming to us that Our God is a MORE God. He's bigger than ur doubts and He is able to immeasurable more than we ask.


As humans, we have this instinct to measure people for what they have, what they have done, where they went to school, what their job is, what choices they make, and so on. We need to learn to measure what is immeasurable. Everyone that has stuff isn't rich and everyone that doesn't have stuff isn't poor. Some of the people you are jealous of are miserable. But if you only measure stuff you can see, you will continue to ask yourself your whole life, "Do I measure up?"



Praise God that Heaven has a different measuring system than we do. Since I am a child of God, I am blessed beyond measure. So please don't measure me as what you can see because there is ore to me, I am a child of God. I do not want to know how wide my hips are, but I want to know how wide is God's love for me? & On every side you want to judge me on; I am just how I ought to be because God made me.

I think sometimes we ask people questions to size them up -- to see if they measure up to our standards. But the problem is, human's measurement is limited. Human's measure how far it goes and how much it is; God measures what it is made of! I know what brands you wear but what are you made of? Are you measuring what it is made of or what it looks like? When you measure people by what you see, you only measure what it is on the surface level.

"But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7 ESV)

Do you measure yourself by Resume Virtues or Eulogy Virtues?
Resume Virtues- By what you do, or what we have (measuring success)
Eulogy Virtues- How much of it is going to weigh when it is over



Some of the people that are most popular now, aren't preparing for their purpose. God doesn't look at how many people like you. He looks at your faith, not your face. The assessments of other's will often make you miss other opportunities. The problem is when you start letting the size of the opponent become bigger than the opportunity.

Why would I be scared of how tall it is, when my God reigns over all of it? For our light and momentary troubles are allowing for us an eternal glory. The glory weighs more.




God's grace weighs more!

(Heaven's metric system= more)


1 comment:

  1. This was a very very good post, I literally said to my aunt that God looks at our heart. We just look at the surface, God goes a little deeper! Nothing that no one else is worth having if you have Jesus in your heart that is all you need! No one can do what He does and I mean no one!

    ReplyDelete