Tuesday, August 18, 2015

So You Think You Can Draw?

Not everyone was born with an artistic ability, and I for sure was not either. The more I look on Pinterest for DIY projects, the more I realize that those people are blessed for sure. I mean, in elementary school I probably got a "S" in handwriting; not an O. And, my handwriting has not got better at all since then. But anyways, one day I was on the good ol' Insta & I believe I ran across @lovejoleen's page and she was JOURNALING in her BIBLE. I mean how awesome, who knew you could even do that? Anyways, she is beyond crafty & she is absolutely blessed when it comes to artsy things. She is probably a Pinterest Queen & can master anything on there. I want to be like her when I grow up ;) LOL. Well, since I wanted to be artsy and all, I messaged her and I asked her what kind of Bible she used and she told me, she used an ESV Journaling Bible. Sooo, I got one. Family Christian Bookstore just started selling them, so it was perfect timing. I then went to Walmart and Michaels and got pens, paints, stamps, stickers, and all of the fun things. For ideas on what I want to draw in my Bible for the day, I look on Pinterest and I read my Jesus Calling Devotional and I use one of the Bible verses from there. On Pinterest, I get ideas and I try to make them like that. The ones on Pinterest are way better than mine; so if you are looking for ideas, I would start there.

Here are some of the ones I've done so far:







I believe it is such an awesome way to have quiet time with God, and having fun with it. Also, you can listen to some worship music in the background while you do it. It is always so peaceful when I do it. Every morning when I wake up, I look forward to doing another page, and I always hope I can do better than the day before. I'd LOVE to get people together to do this maybe once a week. I think it would be a great fun Bible Study! So if you're interested let me know!! 

PS- Be on the lookout for my FIRST GIVEAWAY in a couple of days.
Hint- BIBLE JOURNAL ANYONE?! :)

2 comments:

  1. Your skills are awesome girl, I love what you are doing. I am really looking forward to your giveaway, I think it time for me to add some fun to my bible time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Le'nae!! I love the set up you have for your quiet time also. Maybe we can collab one day!! :)

    ReplyDelete