Thursday, July 30, 2015

Meet Me At The Altar In Your White Dress

Let's Get Married



Saturday July 25th,
A beautiful day all day long. I had plans to play in a softball tournament in the morning, go to the grocery store, get my eyebrows waxed, cut grass, pack for a picnic with Barry, Brooke, and her boyfriend, shower, and get ready. (Earlier in the week, Brooke asked me if I wanted to meet her at the park to meet her boyfriend because I have not met him yet. I said yes, and I asked if Barry could come a long. Barry had an idea that we should have a picnic and take couples pictures in front of the barns at the park. She said of course, and she loved that idea.) The day flew by and I got everything done. After Barry gets home from work, he gets ready and we head to the park for a picnic with our friends. We get to the park and Brooke tells me she will be there in 15 minutes. I ask Barry if we can sit at the picnic table and he insisted on sitting by the barn on our blanket since it was so nice out. 
We go out by the barn and he sets the blanket up and I start to set the picnic up, so it is ready when Brooke gets there. I told Barry we should have brought bug spray when we were getting out of the truck, and actually had some in there! So after I was done setting up the picnic he tried to spray my legs with bug spray, but there was not anything coming out of the bottle. While we are standing there he says, "Desi I have a surprise for you before Brooke gets here." I said, "What is it?" He reached in his back pocket and got down on his knee and said, "Will you marry me?" I was SO happy and I said, "Yes I will." I bent down to kiss him and then he stood up while still kissing me. I jumped up and put my legs around him, and he put his arm in the air like, "YESSSS, PRAISE GOD SHE SAID YES." LOL. 

 


I then proceeded to ask, "Why did you put your hand in the air, is there a photographer here?" He just smiled at me, when I turned to stare at this patch of woods near us. A photographer walked out in camouflage came walking out with his camera gear, and he said, "Congratulations!"

I was so shocked Barry had hired a photographer to capture this surprise! The photographer then set us up differently and took a lot of pictures. Then we sat down to have out picnic and I asked, "Is Brooke even coming?" Barry said, "No, that was just an excuse so you would not be suspicious." LOL 

-- I STILL can not believe I will be marrying my best friend/soulmate. Barry Antonio Moore Jr, I can not wait to be your wife. God is so so so so SO good and SO faithful. He has blessed us abundantly. 



I have found the one whom my soul loves (Song of Solomon 3:4)




2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! This is so sweet and romantic! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete